Foundation / Corporation
Lowe’s Charitable and Educational Foundation (LCEF)
Grants starting at $2,001 to USA nonprofit organizations and municipal agencies in the Funding Source's service area for high-need community improvement projects. Funding may be used for projects such as grounds improvements, building upgrades and renovations, technology upgrades, as well as safety improvements.
Lowe’s Heroes employee volunteer program is another opportunity for support, which Lowe’s can provide to some grant recipients to help supplement the labor of projects. Applicants are encouraged to speak to their local store manager to see if this is a possibility before applying.
GrantWatch ID#: 180939
Grants range from $2,001 to $100,000.
The Foundation provides funding only to 501(c) (3) tax-exempt nonprofit organizations and public agencies in communities where Lowe’s operates stores and distribution centers. There is not a required distance a Lowe’s store must be within proximity to your organization.
Organizations must be an established 501(c)(3) non-profit organization for two years in order to apply for a grant.
Municipalities may apply for a Community Partners grant.
The Foundation's charitable contributions are not used for:
- Individuals and families or memorial campaigns
- 3rd party giving (i.e. other foundations)
- Health/national-based organizations
- Religious organizations and church programs or events
- Private schools
- Capital campaigns, endowments or endowed chairs
- Multi-year requests
- Special events, such as conferences, dinners, sport or educational competitions, festivals or art exhibits
- Sponsorship/fundraising events of any kind (i.e. auctions, golf tournaments, sports teams, athletic events)
- Tickets to events
- Product donations (It is recommended that your local Lowe’s store be your first point of inquiry when seeking a modest gift card or in-kind donation for a community project or event.)
- Goodwill advertising or marketing
- Political, labor, fraternal organizations, civic clubs or candidates
- Arts-based programs
- Animal rescue/shelters or support groups
- Travel-related events (trips, tours, stipends or registration fees for students or staff)
- Development or production of books, developing curriculum, films, videos or television programs
- Activities of organizations serving primarily their own membership
- Continuing education for teachers and staff
- Institutional overhead and/or indirect cost (i.e. salaries, stipends, benefits and most project labor costs)
Lowe's Charitable and Educational Foundation requires that all applicants take an eligibility test. Organizations that pass will be considered, but not guaranteed a grant.
The Community Partners 2018 cycle dates are:
- Spring Cycle: March 19, 2018 – May 11, 2018
- Fall Cycle: July 2, 2018 – August 24, 2018
The review process takes 90 days from the cycle close date and applicants will receive a status email after a review is completed.
Application is permitted for one grant program once every 12 months.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming