Foundation / Corporation
Grants of up to $40,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for creative initiatives to engage individuals in Jewish experiences and communities throughout North America. Applicants must submit a letter of intent before applying. Funding is intended to support innovative models for connecting people, especially disengaged Jews, to Jewish practices and experiences, Jewish culture and ideas, and Jewish networks and communities in North America.
Natan has developed this grant program to shine a spotlight on new approaches or methodologies that are profoundly innovative. They support organizations that are focused as much on developing adaptable and replicable new models as they are on their own organizational needs, with the goal of generating systemic change.
Organizations supported through this grant program might include:
- Innovative platforms that explore the many facets of Jewish civilization in contemporary ways, especially new ways of integrating Jewish wisdom and experience with “secular” endeavors (e.g. arts and culture, environment and food, the inclusion of marginalized populations, new technologies);
- Intentional collectives and communities that are creating new models for connecting Jews to each other through Jewish religion, spirituality, and learning; and
- Pluralistic, inclusive Initiatives that embrace the full diversity of those who want to learn about, explore and engage with Jewish life.
In the spirit of “venture philanthropy,” Natan is especially interested in supporting entrepreneurial individuals, startups and fledgling organizations that have not yet received significant support from major funders and that are independent of larger institutions and organizational structures. Natan seeks to catalyze and support innovation that begins on the margins of the Jewish organizational world, with the twin goals of developing new standalone organizations and infusing innovative thinking into larger, legacy institutions for the long term.
GrantWatch ID#: 163940
Grants of up to $40,000 are awarded, though most grant awards are in the $20,000 - $30,000 range.
Grants are for one year.
Nonprofit organizations and fiscally-sponsored entities in the United States and Canada with annual operating budgets under $1.5 million can apply.
Process & Timeline:
1. Letters of Inquiry must be received by November 21, 2018.
2. Natan will notify selected applicants to complete a full proposal by December 21, 2018.
3. Full proposals must be received by January 17, 2019.
4. Finalists will be interviewed in Spring 2019
5. Final decisions will be announced by June 2019
The Letter of Inquiry (LOI) allows the Natan Fund to do a preliminary review of requests, after which Natan will invite select organizations to submit full proposals.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit Letters of Inquiry here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3CDCTLN
Application may be found at www.amplifiergiving.org
For assistance throughout the application process, please reach out to Adina Poupko, Program Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
120 E. 23rd Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10010
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon